Why Try to Fool God?
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart. No creature is hidden from Him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account. - Hebrews 4:12-13
What does that mean to us? It means that we shouldn't waste our energy putting up a false front before God. You guys have heard the term "Sunday School answer" haven't you? It's the answer you know you're supposed to give when someone asks you a spiritual question. But if we're honest, there are times we simply don't believe that answer. We have doubts, questions, fears, and straight-out disagreements. This passage tells us that God knows that. You can't fool Him, so stop trying to fool yourself. But the passage continues:
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens—Jesus the Son of God—let us hold fast to the confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us at the proper time. - Hebrews 4:14-16
Happening October 9-19
- NEEDED: More cars for Trunk or Treat, Saturday November 1 4:00-6:00! Please let us know in the office or via your connection card Sunday morning.
- DEADLINE: Early bird registration for Upward Basketball ends on Monday, October 13! Find out more on our website!
- CAMO SUNDAY is this Sunday! Remember that the whole purpose is a non-threatening time for you to invite your deer hunter friends to join us in a Blessing of the Hunters. As David said last Sunday, it becomes pointless if we don't invite anyone.
- DON'T FORGET: David is hosting a Sunday School class for New Members and Discoverers this October. It's not too late to join if you want to get to know David and our church!
- Young at Heart luncheon, Tuesday 10/14, 11:00
- Global Hunger offering Sunday, Sunday 10/19
- Children's Bowling Trip to Augusta, Sunday 10/19, leave after church
- Quarterly Conference, Sunday 10/19