Global Hunger Relief
As we gather together for worship this Sunday to give a special offering to Global Hunger Relief, let us remember that not only does the world need to hear about the Bread of Life, but also have clear instructions to help the needy. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me’” (Matthew 25:35-36, NIV). Keep these things in mind and be prepared to give to Global Hunger Relief this Sunday. In Christ, Ben
Happening . . . October 16-26
- This Sunday morning (October 19) is the collection day for our Global Hunger Relief offering (formerly World Hunger Relief). Parents, help your kids remember to bring their offering banks if they took one home. And all of us, come prepared to give!
- This Sunday evening (October 19) is our Quarterly Conference
- Monday evening (October 20) is the Brotherhood Dinner sponsored by the Men's Outreach Class. Everyone is invited!
- Upward Basketball signup deadline is next Thursday (October 23), and evaluations will take place next week! Find out more on our Upward page.
- Next Sunday (October 26) is the 100th Anniversary of our Kilpatrick Baptist Association! We will have a Missions and Ministry Fair in our Fellowship Hall at 5:00, followed by a Centennial Rally in our Sanctuary at 6:00.
- Trunk or Treat is Saturday, November 1 from 4:00-6:00 in our park. We are still looking for volunteers to donate candy (individually wrapped, any kind) and volunteers to bring their car to the park and have fun hosting a trunk. Please use your connection card on Sunday morning to let us know that you will help! Check out the website for ideas.
- Taco Buffet! Hard and soft shell tacos, burritos, and taco salad (you make it!). Includes taco meat, refried beans, taco toppings, Mexican rice, chips, salsa, and dessert. Spicy toppings will be available, but everything will come mild!