A Special Offering and Outreach Sunday
First, our Refresh series of sermons concludes this Sunday as we discover how to revolutionize our finances. You should have received in the last newsletter information explaining our special Refresh offering this Sunday along with an envelope. We simply want to demonstrate how God can bless and use our collective tithes to accomplish His work in and through our church.
The way we will demonstrate this is also simple: No matter how often or when you tithe each month, figure up what one week’s worth of tithe would be for your family and put that much in the Refresh envelope. If you need to complete your regular tithe amount, put the rest in your normal envelope and bring them both! We will give instruction this Sunday for when you turn in your Refresh envelope, and your normal tithe/offering will be received as usual.
Second, I do hope you will come and be a part of a sacred moment in the life of our church as well as in the lives of the Tarvers, as we ordain Mr. Benjamin Tarver into the Gospel ministry. We will bring the recommendation of the ordination council, in concurrence with the Deaconate, and we as a church will formally affirm God’s call on Ben’s life with a special time of worship, commitment, and dedication. Join us at 5:30 in the Sanctuary this Sunday evening.
Third, October 12th has been set aside as a day to reconnect with the unchurched people we reached at our Wild Game Supper. It is also a wonderful opportunity to invite your family and friends, and those of our own folks who have been out of worship lately. For some of you, you’re as likely to be in camo as a suit on a Sunday morning this time of the year. So feel free to come dressed ready for the hunt! If you are like me and don’t have camo, that’s fine! The clothes really are NOT the point of “Camo Sunday!”
The point is simply to reach the lost and the unchurched and help them discover the Savior who is relentlessly hunting after them! We all have missed the target of God’s ideal, and we need Jesus to forgive us and realign our sights so that we can take aim and hit the mark of God’s calling for each of us. Invite someone who needs to hear that good news and join us on the 12th, no matter the color of your clothes!
That’s also what these three things have in common: By God’s mercy and saving grace, our hearts and minds are realigned so we can take aim at God’s calling—for better stewardship, for ministry, and for witnessing to our friends and neighbors. And having taken aim, we can hit the mark! Praise be to God for His amazing grace! - David
What's Happening 10/2 - 10/12
- Trunk or Treat is coming! We need candy donations (individually wrapped candies) and we also need you to volunteer the trunk of your car for an afternoon. It's fun, and it doesn't have to be a lot of work!
- Upward Basketball registration is upon us! Find out everything you need to know on our Upward Basketball page!
- Mark sends a reminder that the Youth Choir will be singing as a part of Ben's ordination service this Sunday evening.
- Don't forget that David hosts his first New Member and Discoverer Class this Sunday morning at 9:30 in the Conference Room. This is for everyone who is interested, not just new members!
- Great news: our church has almost reached our Georgia State Missions Offering goal. You have given $1936 (our goal is $2000)! Thank you!